The main reason why loft apartments are favorite is due to their effective use of space and wide area that you can use along the way. Since the very beginning, lofts were cheap choices when compared with apartments, but today, you will need a hefty budget if you wish to live inside.
Of course, lofts feature both advantages and disadvantages, and that is a fact. Therefore, the idea is to understand both sides before you click here and choose the best one that will meet your requirements.
Therefore, we decided to create an honest perspective of the pros and downsides of living in lofts, so that you can gain both perspectives that will help you make up your mind along the way:
Disadvantages of Living in Loft
We have to start with cons so that you can understand why lofts are not that good choice especially if you have a limited budget. For instance, high ceilings are something that people adore when it comes to lofts, but that is not that great thing overall.
- Cooling and Heating Costs – If you think logically, you will understand that large area requires more energy to heat it or cool it down. Since all the air will circulate past the windows and stonework, it could be amazingly warm during the summer days and cold during the winter. Therefore, you will need quite some time to understand how to heat it properly and make it appropriate for your particular needs. Thus, if it gets too cold or hot, the energy utilities and bills will cost much more than living in a square footed apartment with appropriate insulation and traditional construction that will maintain energy inside.
The best way to learn more on apartments and their historical importance is by checking here.
- Smell Can Linger Along The Way – Have in mind that when you have an apartment with different rooms such as bedroom, child’s room and kitchen when you create havoc in the kitchen and burn something down, you will not affect other parts of your area. The smell will be confined in the kitchen, and you will be able to use a box fan so that you can deal with it or open window instead. On the other hand, living in a loft means that every single scent you make in your kitchen will remain in the open space you have, so it will take much more time to remove it since it has high ceilings.
- Open Bedrooms Can Be Embarrassing – When you live in a loft, in most cases you will have one bedroom open and connected with living area and other parts of your living space as well. Therefore, without walls, there are some people that you will not be able to call inside because it will be embarrassing to hang next to your bedroom and closets filled with your staff. These things are private, and some people feel discomfort when they share it with others. Of course, everything depends on the individual, but some people could be in problem due to open loft floor plans.
You should learn how to decorate your loft by visiting this website: https://www.wikihow.com/Decorate-a-Loft-Apartment
Advantages of Living in Loft
On the other hand, if you can deal with high utility bills, lack of privacy and persistent smell, you should stay with us to learn more on advantages that will make you choose this particular type of living space:
- Space Is Great For Your Mind – It does not matter if you’re claustrophobic or not, because it is much more convenient to live in open-layout living spaces that have high ceilings and large windows that will provide you the illusion of living in ample area. According to some studies, small spaces tend to increase stress and other issues as well, but spaciousness can create a calming and utterly opposite effect.
- Stylish Living Space – In case you live in a loft, you will recognize the idea that people will be able to style is based on the area they have. Therefore, you will be able to make chic surroundings that will come together, which is not something you can do if you are paying rent for an apartment filled with old stuff. It is much more flexible and convenient for the living area than traditional apartments because you will be able to style it per your preferences.