Roofs are structures that are defined in the planning of a house, not only in format, but also considering features such as function and architectural style. Among its main functions are the protection of buildings against climatic actions, but also utilitarian functions, which add lightness, impermeability, acoustic and thermal insulation; the aesthetics, that its aspects and forms are harmonic and with a good dimension, texture and coloring, factors that contribute to the formation of a kind of frame that complements the style of the house; and economic functions, those that emphasize the durability and conservation of its elements.
The roofs are composed of structure, cover and conductors. The structure consists of the support element for the cover, with the function of receiving and distributing the vertical loads of the rest of the building. The cover is the protective element with a sealing function and the conductors are for the drainage of rainwater.
In addition, Macomb County roofers points out that often the roof is the great differential of the facade, it limits and gives a contrast to the construction, being an extension of it or something completely new. Its role in decoration is to define the style of construction, colonial, modern, conveying the architectural taste of the client.
What are the parts of a roof?
A roof is more complex than it looks and has many parts that make up its structure, such as:
- Slope: consists of the sloping faces of a roof;
- Top: top and horizontal of the roof, where two Slopes usually meet;
- Spigot: place where two sloping roof faces meet, forming a protruding angle and, consequently, defining the slope of the roof;
- Corner: when two perpendicular waters of the roof (angle of 90 ° of each other) are in a low part;
- Vertex: meeting point of two lines (from the ridge line with a line of spike);
- Complementary part: ceramic component or also of other materials that allows the solution of details of the roof.
Check out a list of beautiful inspirations for the choice of roofs!
- Roof with concrete tiles
- And you can paint the shingles of ash
- Rood made with ceramic tiles
- Roof with concrete tiles and hip shape
- House without apparent roof
- Concrete tiles framing the house
- Extended roof for creating a balcony
- House with modern design and flat roof
- The facade of the house even more beautiful
- Beige roof in colonial style
- Well-inclined gray roof
- Ceramic tile grants more rustic style to the environment
- Roof with triangular pattern converging toward the ground
- Classic roof in graphite color looks amazing
- Tilted roof in only one direction
- Example of green roof or ecofriendly
- In color ivory is also a spectacle
- Concrete tile in flat format
- House with modern metallic roof
- Metal roof applied in house style beach
The construction of a roof requires a good choice of roof tiles which, although available in different models, provide different functions and comforts. Analyzing combinations with the shape of the roof and the style of construction is the most basic aspect of the roofing. Keep in mind the needs of the environment and the qualities of the materials, factors that will certainly influence the durability not only of the product, but also of the construction.