Roller shutters are considered to be an excellent addition for any building, providing optimal privacy & security without having any effect on any aesthetic appeal of your house. But, what exactly are modern roller shutters and why are they preferred over the traditional doors? Read on to find out.
About Modern Roller Shutters
The modern-style roller shutters are usually made of aluminum and steel, and these are fixed over a door and window frame. These shutters cover the doors or windows by rolling down using tapered cassettes that are often times mounted on the frames where they are fixed. They can either be operated automatically through a remote control system or with the help of a manual wider.
The roller shutters are known for their sleek and yet solid design and this is what makes them a suitable option for almost every home. This is the reason why there are a lot of homeowners that have incorporated them as an essential aspect of the windows and doors of their house.
5 Advantages of Installing Modern Roller Shutters
However, there is still one question that remains unanswered and i.e. why do people prefer modern roller shutters over the traditional doors? Well, this is probably because of the five amazing advantages that they can get in the store. In fact, if you are not sure about installing roller shutters in your house then these advantages will help you to realize the difference that simple shutters can create for your house.
- Protection against Weather: Your house is probably one of the biggest assets that you own, but can you protect it from the harsh climatic conditions of the outdoors? This is where the roller shutters come for rescue. Built with the finest materials, they have the ability to protect your house from unpredictable weather including storm, humidity, heat waves and many more.
- Enhance Security: Another incredible advantage you get from these shutters is that they tend to improve the security of your house without complicating it. This is possible because roller shutters are extremely strong and so they cannot be pulled away from doors or windows that easy. Therefore, they act as an deterrent against burglar or intruder attacks
- Energy Saving: Saving on energy has become a major concern today. With the use of these shutters you can save almost 46% of cool air loss and 78% of heat loss that occurs from windows and doors. Saving this will not only decrease energy consumption but ultimately it will reduce your monthly utility bills. Studies indicate that with the use of these shutters you can save almost 15% of the value on your energy bills, which is indeed a lot of money saved.
- Privacy & Light Control: Another impressive advantage of modern roller shutters is that, when you have them mounted in your windows or doors then you have control over the amount of light that would enter your house. This is great feature, especially for summers when you do not want too much light at the indoors. Moreover, you can even have a control over your privacy by adjusting the shutters as per your requirements.
- Reduce Noise: Along with light control & privacy these shutters also act as a barrier against high levels of noise. In fact, if your house is situated near airport or at a busy road then noise from outdoors can turn out to be unbearable, in such a scenario these shutters act as a lifesaver by deceasing almost 50% intensity of the noise that enters your house.
So, what are you waiting for? Choose high quality and durable modern roller shutters for your house so that you can discover their innumerable benefits in no time.